AuditDesktop enables you to make copies of your audit engagements. The Note section of the newly copied engagement will show that it is a copy, along with the date and time of its creation. This note can be changed later on if necessary.
To copy an engagement, perform the steps:
1. In active audit, open the Home tab and click the All button.
2. Select the engagement and clickCopy button.
When copying, you can change the following parameters:
- Change client in the new engagement - creates a new copy of the existing engagement for a selected other client. The combination of this option and the copy data options, enables you to use the engagement method that you have modified with other, similar engagements.
- Use planned engagement as subsequent - copies data from an existing engagement to a planned one. This is possible because planned engagements do not have a loaded method and subsequently, they can use other engagement data.
Tip | Example of using planned engagements during copying
You can use the Use planned engagement as subsequent option when you wish to do intermediate audits for some clients. Thus, you can create your first audit as an engagement, and the rest as planned. When you complete a given audit, you can copy it and select the subsequent one. In this way, all data from the previous audit will be transferred to the new one.
In this section you can select what data will be copied in the new engagement. If you mark an option, its data will be copied, whereas if you unmark it, the data will be skipped.
|Attached files||All files attached to documents, questions, or steps.|
|Chart of accounts||Entered chart of accounts. It affects the trial balance and the misstatements in accounts.|
|Checklist: Answers and notes||Answers to questions and their attached notes in checklists.|
|Documents: Conclusions||Conclusions entered in documents.|
|Documents: Findings and recommendations||Findings and recommendations entered in documents.|
|Documents: Information||Entered information (comments, procedures applied, etc.).|
|Documents: Lead Schedule data||Data entered in Lead schedule when using spreadsheet.|
|Documents: Questions||Entered questions to the client, the team, from a previous or subsequent engagement.|
|Adjustments||All identified adjustments and adjusting journal entries.|
|Parameters: Materiality||The determined materiality for the engagement.|
|Plan: Tasks||Tasks connected with the specific engagement.|
|Risks: Control activities||Entered control activities.|
|Risks: Risk register||Identified risks.|
|Risks: Statement analysis||Selected material items.|
|Statements: Income statement||Entered income statement (initial and final).|
|Statements: Samples||Statement samples.|
|Statements: Statement of financial position||Entered statement of financial position (initial and final).|
|Statements: Transaction log||Transaction log and its samples (depends on the Samples option).|
|Statements: Trial balance||Entered trial balances.|
|Statements: VAT logs||Purchase log, Sale log, and as well as their samples (depends on the Samples option).|
To save time and effort, you can use these two buttons:
- All - marks all options
- None - unmarks all options
3. Once you are ready, clickCopy so as to copy the selected engagement.