In the edit trial balance window you can edit the sums of the accounts, but not their codes and names. You can edit existing records, but cannot add new ones. To enter into edit mode, click theEdit record button.
There are two different view modes, depending on the selected trial balance representation format. If you have selected to work with one-column trial balance, the Closing balance column will be divided into Debit and Credit. In case you are working with six-column trial balance, the columns will be: Opening balance, Turnover, and Closing balance, each divided into Debit and Credit.
To open the active window, do the following:
1. Open the Statements tab and click the Trial balance button.
3. From the drop-down menu select the trial balance type that you want to edit (Initial, Control, Previous).
4. The buttons give access to these additional actions:
- data import. Note that when setting up the specifications, you must define the Key field and set the import mode to Update. Load data - opens the window for
- Clear all sums - clears all sums in the trial balance accounts
When importing data in the one-column trial balance format, if there is only one Closing balance, you must put it in the Debit sub-column.
5. Once you are done, clickSave to save your changes.