AuditDesktop enables you to import Trial balance and update accounts. You can import three Trial balance types: Initial, Control, and Previous.
1. Open the Statements tab and click the Trial balance button.
2. ClickImport and from the drop-down menu select the Trial balance type that you want to import.
3. The Import trial balance window gives access to the following actions:
- data import. Note that when setting up the specifications, you must set the import mode to Append. Import data - opens the window for
- Update accounts - adds new accounts to existing ones.
- Clear existing accounts - clears the existing chart of accounts and uses the chart of accounts from the imported trial balance.
- Add to existing values - adds new sums without replacing the existing ones.
- Group accounts - groups trial balance accounts up to a specified level.
The window has two different view modes, depending on the selected Trial balance representation format. If you have chosen to work with one-column trial balance, the Closing balance column will be divided into Debit and Credit. If you are working with six-column trial balance, the columns will be Opening balance, Turnover and Closing balance, each divided into Debit and Credit.
4. Once you are ready, clickSave.