To make a preliminary assessment of control activities, open the Risks tab and click the Preliminary assessment button.
- adding new control activity Add – open the window for
- Edit – open the window for editing the control activity
- Delete – delete the selected control activity
- Details – view details about the control activity (edit function is inactive)
- Auto edit – go into edit mode. If you work with large amounts of data, it will save you time.
- preview and printing of templates Print – open the window for
- Refresh – refresh the data
If you right click in the table, you will open a context menu that gives access to the actions described above ( Refresh excluded).
CA – Preliminary assessment
- Control activity – the name of the control activity
- Control component – what is the control component
- Control type – what is the control type
- Affect statements – whether the control activity affects all statement items
- Is appropriately planned – assess whether the control activity was appropriately planned
- Is person suitable – assess whether the person in charge of the control activity is suitable
- Is implemented – assess whether the control activity is adequately implemented
- Is performed in series – assess the consistency of the control activity's implementation
- Is effective – assess whether the control activity is effective
- Test control – mark whether the control activity is tested
- Number of tests – the number of control tests (if any)
Assertions – shows the management assertions that are covered by the control activity
Description – a short description of the control activity
- Statement of financial position – shows the Statement of financial position items covered by the control activity
Income statement – shows the Income statement items covered by the control activity
The tab shows the working paper that the control activity is identified in.
Here you can link control activities with test controls. To do so, click theLink button. In the window that opens, select the test control document or create a new one. If you haven't linked any test control documents with the control activities, the value in the Control tests column will remain zero.
If you want to delete a test control, clickRemove.
The tab shows information about all risks that are covered by the selected control activity:
- Risk level
- Fraud risk
- Affect statements
- Affect materiality